- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice
What Parents Must and Must Not Do?
10 Things That A Parent Must Do
- A parent must always show good example to their children despite their tiredness in their work.
- A parent must always provide quality time for their children even once a week. A simple bonding like playing in your backyard, singing together, watching movies together and other activities will surely make your children happy.
- You must teach them from their mistakes.
- A parent must be the best friends of their children. Every child needs someone to lean on. Why let your child lean on other person if you can?
- A parent must always boost confidence to their children by letting them participate in every activities that their child wants to join for this would improve their child's skills and talents.
- A parent must teach their children what is right from what is wrong.
- Always listen to your child. children love to tell stories especially if they show that their parents love to listen to their unlimited wacky stories.
- A parent is must always show that they are fair to their children in terms of everything they do.
- Always let your child experience new adventure that may spice up their life.
- Teach them to fear God. Above everything you must always teach your child that there is a God who is willing to listen to every problems and trials that we are in.
A mother teaching her child to pray
10 Things That A Parent Must Not Do
- Do not spoil your child.
- Do not say bad words in front of your children.
- Never let your anger decide as what you are going to do with your child especially if your intention is to punish him/her.
- Never let your child feel that he/she is alone .
- Do not punish or child unless you investigate the scenario well.
- Do not lie to your children.
- Never promise to a child if you know the fact that you can't do what your child wants you to do.
- Never quarrel if your child is in front of you.
- Do not make decisions for them. Consult your children first despite their age cause they can understand.
- Never let them feel that they are not part of your family even if your child is a trouble maker.