- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice
Why You Need Family Time - It is important to spend time with them
Are you so busy that you don’t have time to spend with your family? Do you try to schedule in some family time every week, but somehow something always comes up and steals that time away?
The world today is filled with so much violence, anger, and apathy that it’s downright scary. If you have children, it is of utmost importance to be a positive leader of your family. Children grow up and are gone before you realize it. Don’t waste away the time you have now. Spend time with your family.
4 Reasons Why You Need Family Time
Maybe the reason why you can’t seem to find time to spend with your family is because you don’t think it is that important. Maybe you have other things that you think are higher on your list of priorities. Here are just a few reasons why family time is important:
1) You need to build deeper relationships within your family. Family ties are important. I’ve often heard it said that the reason why so many kids decide to join gangs are because they welcome them in and become part of a family. Your children need to feel like they belong. They need to feel like they have someone they can turn to, for anything. Spending time together as a family ensures that deep, strong, family bond.
2) You need to instill family values in your children. With the startling numbers of marriages and divorces today, your children need to learn the importance of family values. Chances are, your children will mimic the exact behaviors you exhibit towards them. If you are an absent parent, they will be the same to their children in the future. More often than not, children often display worse behaviors than were shown to them. Spending family time together will build a sense of worth and instill positive family values in your children.
3) You need to teach your children important life lessons. Whatever your child does not learn at home, you can be assured they will learn elsewhere. Do you want your children to learn important life lessons by having to experience pain? Of course, they will have to learn some things on their own. But it is so important to have time for family discussion, wherein you can lay problems or situations on the table, then talk about them with your children.
4) You need to build a stronger family unit. All these things lead to one very important detail. By spending more quality time together as a family, you will build a stronger family unit. Your family will stick together through rough times, and enjoy fun times together as well.