- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice»
- Parenting Advice & Tips
The Basics...A List of Life Skills
Would you like to be living a more fulfilling life? Learning about basic life skills is all you need to start your journey for a better life. If you are choosing to be successful, gain a sense of independence, reach mastery, regain control of your life or are looking for happiness, you can benefit by learning basic life skills.
What are the Basics?
Self Awareness Skills
- Identify who you are, who you can become and how to succeed in life.
- Be aware of your destiny and potential to achieve.
- Discover your purpose in life and the things that create meaning and joy.
- Enjoy life’s lessons by knowing that every moment is a great experience.
- Make excellent life choices that are in your best interest.
- Focus on what is important and avoid distractions.
- Understand life stages and the challenges, opportunities and obstacles.
- Learn your gifts and talents.
- Understand what a monopoly is and how the business world works.
- Invest in learning new skills to stay competitive.
- Be an intelligent, productive, hard working and ethical employee or employer.
- Maintain integrity and be responsible.
Managing Money Skills
- Know simple math (add, subtract, multiply & divide).
- Learn to budget your finances.
- Save as often as you can.
- Learn the benefits of having a credit card.
- Never spend more than you earn.
Problem Solving Skills
- Identify and evaluate possible solutions then implement them.
- Be able to think deeply and critically about problems.
- Apply the cause and effect theory when problem solving.
- Identify challenges, understand their significance and learn to overcome them.
- Effectively solve problems and learn from your mistakes.
- Avoid self-made problems by making good decisions and keeping commitments.
- Learn to compromise.
- Communicate well with others by sharing your thoughts and ideas.
- Know when to communicate your opinions so you don’t offend anyone.
- Speak from your heart.
- Pay attention when someone is talking with you and listen to what is being conveyed.
- Know what your values and beliefs and express them with dignity.
- Be confident in knowing how to live a healthy and fulfilling life.
- Learn that with every action there is a reaction.
- Understand how to make good choices based on your current situation and future possibilities.
- Know that you can always learn more than what you already know.
- Have a good sense of humor.
- Be optimistic with your wisdom so you can see all possibilities.
- Learn when to take risks and reap the rewards.
- Discover what brings you happiness.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- Respect other’s individuality and strengths.
- Understand other’s weaknesses and needs.
- Be able to form friendships, networks and study groups.
- Act as a good role model and inspire others by being kind and loving.
- Make connections with people that are like minded.
- Be considerate, compassionate and responsible.
- Know how to be a great friend and treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Lend a helping hand, a gentle smile and a welcoming word to others.