jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is a good activity for me to do with my 2 yr old twins since its been so ho

1. s_little profile image61
    s_littleposted 7 years ago

What is a good activity for me to do with my 2 yr old twins since its been so hot out lately?

The weather has been hot and humid out. Ive been giving them cool baths so they can play in the water and that helps a lot, other than that they've been sleeping a lot more. The heat makes them sleepy. I don't want to just sit around the house. I need ideas!!!

2. wytegarillaz profile image75
    wytegarillazposted 7 years ago

I was a nanny for 2 yrold twin girls . We would do painting , use play dough , play hair dressers ( I was the customer ) all sorts of diferent things.

3. s_little profile image61
    s_littleposted 7 years ago

I dont think theyre quite old enough for paint and play dough, Ive tried letting them play in my hair and it hurts. Lol. They have there own toys but theyre bored with them. I thought about getting them a little pool but we have neighborhood kids that dont listen and would probably mess it up. I try to think of little games to play but the only ones I think of are for older kids.

4. I Love U Man profile image56
    I Love U Manposted 7 years ago

A lot of malls have indoor playgrounds... and I would find ways to play in stores anyway... like being a train and playing follow the leader thru all the aisles of a clothing department store is actually fun.  What other indoor places / attractions are in your neighborhood?  Is there a children's museum in your town - often they will have membership deals for the summer.  When bored with their toys mine discovered the pots, pans, and gadgets of the kitchen were fascinating. Blocks are always fun.  Get out the sheets and make a fort inside the house.  We even put our camping tent together in the house and went camping in the living room.

A small pool that you could put away might work, if not, just playing with the hose used to entertain mine pretty well.

5. profile image45
    uncomplicated4nowposted 7 years ago

ok i dont have twins. but i have three very active children. we were in utah recently and were trapped in for 7 days! rain and mud not a good combo. so to take up time before their dad came home to take over. we would make cookies, watch funny movies we all liked, bowl w soda cans, play cars all over the house. what im trying to say is when your doing something just involve them, their curious little bugs and as long as their kickin it with mom its always a good time!

working