jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How old was your baby when he/she slept through the night?

1. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 7 years ago

How old was your baby when he/she slept through the night?

2. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 7 years ago

One year and a few months, and then I slept peacefully!
    Until the eighth or ninth month they get up in the middle for feeds but after ten months when they are on solids the sleep through the whole night and wake up in the early hours for a feed, after a year and a half it is cool!!

3. profile image0
    Jawa Lunkposted 7 years ago

I have six children, and they were all different when it came to sleeping through the night!

I would have to say the average was between 8 months - 1 year old for us.

4. SteveoMc profile image74
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

My son never gave me a night's sleep until he was two years old.  I am still recovering.  I actually wrote a hub about it:  My Teenage son is in his Bedroom Sleeping.

5. EmmaMedu profile image78
    EmmaMeduposted 7 years ago

My daughter started sleeping throughout the night when she was 17 or eighteen months old. This means, she fell asleep around 9 and woke up around 5 or 6. She would wake up once around 1 or 2, but that happened maybe once a week.

This is so individual and depends on so many things - child's character, co-sleeping or not, the period of breastfeeding, and so on.

6. profile image46
    lydsmomposted 7 years ago

She started around 3 months. It was right when I went back to work for a few months.

7. dosters profile image84
    dostersposted 7 years ago

With my first son, it was about 8 months.  With my second son, he is getting almost there and he is 10.5 months old.  Every child acts differently, and the sleeping situations for my kids (alone for the first, share a room with my second) change things a little bit.

8. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

My son started sleeping through the night at one month old...about gave me a heart attack the first time I woke up in my own bed and it was daylight out. Now I know that at that young I should have made him wake up to eat a couple of times, but it doesn't seem to have harmed him any to have just let him sleep. Baby number two is on the way, so we'll see how my luck holds then tongue.

9. AustralianNappies profile image79
    AustralianNappiesposted 7 years ago

My baby has slept through every night since she was a month old.  She has never woken during the night since, even when teething. She sleeps 13 or 14 hours straight.  I am lucky!