Are there any other mothers her with a preemie baby and how are you dealing with

1. lilibees profile image61
    lilibeesposted 7 years ago

Are there any other mothers her with a preemie baby and how are you dealing with it?

2. JillKostow profile image89
    JillKostowposted 7 years ago

My now almost 3 year old was a preemie.  I was 31 weeks and 6 days pregnant when he had to be delivered emergency C-section.  It was very hard emotionally to deal with in the beginning.  Having a support systems between family and friends can really make a difference.  In my case there were no medical issues surrounding him after birth we just had to wait 3 weeks to bring him home.  He had to learn to eat and breath at the same time, and be able to regulate his body temperature, and he had to learn to remember to breathe especially while sleeping.  The hardest part for me was him being in the NICU an hour away and having the 3 other kids at home, along with a bad winter, which made it hard to see him everyday.  I am not exactly sure the circumstances you are facing but just hang in there.  Make sure you have people to talk to and remember it is OK to be upset or even depressed a little bit given the situation.  The best and safest place for your baby is in the NICU with the care of the doctors and nurses.  Once your baby is strong enough to leave the NICU all the worry and sadness will be quickly forgotten as you are walking through your front door with your baby!!!  My best wishes are with you and your family.

working