jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Easy meal ideas for a 7mth old baby?

1. AustralianNappies profile image79
    AustralianNappiesposted 6 years ago

Easy meal ideas for a 7mth old baby?

Just finnishing with puree's what kind of meals will be good for my baby now?

2. pitzele profile image67
    pitzeleposted 6 years ago

You know, I still like to use some purees even when I am giving tiny cubes of tofu, boiled carrots/apples, or bananas.  Anything that is super soft, mashable between two little gums and won't cause choking.  My kids (when they are that age, and one is nine months old) love when I feed them small bits of scrambled, thoroughly cooked eggs.  But you have to see what is normal for your diet and what your baby is ready (and willing) to eat.

3. ggenda profile image57
    ggendaposted 6 years ago

At 7 months, I would continue to introduce fruits and vegetables (one by one, to ensure your baby doesn't have any allergic reactions). I would suggest the following:

apples
    pears
    bananas
    sweet potatoes
    peaches
    carrots
    green beans
    squash
    peas

Just check out the baby food aisle in your local grocery store, and look for foods that have the "first stages" label. If you are making your own baby food, continue with pureeing fruits and veggies yourself. If you're looking to vary it up for your baby, you can try different combinations of age appropriate foods.

It's too early to introduce dairy or meats, so just keep doing what you are doing, and continue with the fruits and veggies.

Good luck to you!

4. RNMSN profile image91
    RNMSNposted 6 years ago

ha/baby girls at 6 mo had lasagna..I was good with her I had a baby food grinder! but poor B got just refries for his first meal  at 6 mo and then for both whatever I could squish they ate and neither had any allergies or problems at all!

working