jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What type of cup did you give your baby when you started to introduce water?

1. AustralianNappies profile image79
    AustralianNappiesposted 6 years ago

What type of cup did you give your baby when you started to introduce water?

Sippy cup? Soft nib cup? Cup with straw? With handles?  Which are the best cups to start baby on when you're starting to introduce them to water and juice.  What worked for you?

2. ameliejan profile image81
    ameliejanposted 6 years ago

I started with a Doidy Cup. It has no lid but a slanted edge.

3. Jessicablox profile image46
    Jessicabloxposted 6 years ago

I prefer soft nib cup.. U can try more also. and see what baby enjoys more and drinks more..

4. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

Sippy cup with a soft top and firm handles, but this was only because he was already on a sippy cup for his formula (I wasn't breastfeeding at that stage - about 9 months old for us).  Then I moved to a hard-top sippy cup.

5. Kate Spenser profile image83
    Kate Spenserposted 6 years ago

I agree with Giselle Maine - a sippy cup with a soft top is good because it at least slightly resembles the softness of a bottle nipple and it will feel somewhat instinctive for them to suck on it. And the sippy cups with harder handles are GREAT because usually when you're first introducing water, the baby is also in the throes of teething, and the hard handles are great for teething babies to gum on!

6. loneparentgiggles profile image60
    loneparentgigglesposted 6 years ago

From the age of one I got my son a sturdy cup, it has a wide base to cut down on spillages and a narrower top to help his little mouth get round it to drink, some people prefer the sippy cups though, I give him those at night and get him the ones with very soft spouts and no valve.