jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What do you do with your child's artwork?

1. ytsenoh profile image84
    ytsenohposted 5 years ago

What do you do with your child's artwork?

2. rebeccamealey profile image85
    rebeccamealeyposted 5 years ago

frame it save it or put it in scrap books, anything but throw it away!

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

We used the great refrigerator canvas.  Then when the fridge got to full, we moved it to a special box I had for their schoolwork and artwork.

4. nochance profile image94
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

I actually just wrote a hub about this. http://nochance.hubpages.com/hub/framing-kids-art

I'm not a parent but I have brought home my fair share of art. My mom has recently started framing some of the stuff I made in  middle school to protect it (it was previously stapled to the wall).

5. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

I put them in an album where I will bring out to show them once awhile every year. It is interesting to see what they drew in the past while growing up.

It is fun and they are surprised each time when they see those drawings.

6. profile image0
    kelleywardposted 5 years ago

We hang a string on the wall in their rooms and let them place the art work there. We also have some covering our pantry door in the kitchen.

7. cat on a soapbox profile image98
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I used to display her seasona elementary schooll pieces during the holidays and put others on the fridge. Her most memorable and unique work I have packed up. As she grew older and produced more sophisticted pieces of pottery and photography, we picked the best to frame and display throughout the house.

8. profile image0
    Beachlifeposted 5 years ago

I save the ones that means the most to me or the child who made it. the rest have to go, sadly but i can only store so much stuff.

9. Written Up profile image73
    Written Upposted 5 years ago

Make it into birthday cards for relatives.  Grandparents love it, it's environmentally sound and it saves money.  What's not to love.

10. annart profile image85
    annartposted 5 years ago

When my daughters were young, I used to put new drawings/paintings up on the kitchen wall.  One particular good one was framed and I still have it.  Others were kept but are somewhere in the loft now.  However, my grandchildren are now the ones whose work I keep, be it a special card or a drawing/painting they've done for me.  I keep these and intend to frame all to put in a 'gallery' with lots of other family pics/photos in my stair well which has lots of space.

working