jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What incident do you remember first when you think about your childhood?

1. LensMan999 profile image53
    LensMan999posted 4 years ago

What incident do you remember first when you think about your childhood?

Why do you remember that particular incident?

2. shanmarie profile image78
    shanmarieposted 4 years ago

I was in preschool, about three years old. I wanted to be like the other kids, so I broke the plastic spoon in half as they did before throwing it away.  Only, when mine broke, a piece chipped off, flew back at my face, and lodged itself in my nose.  The teachers wanted to take it out and clean me up, but I didn't believe them that it was even there.  They had to take me across the hall to the room where my grandmother was teaching just to have her tell me that there was indeed a piece of spoon stuck in the side of my nose.  I still have a slight scar from it.

3. daydreamer13 profile image61
    daydreamer13posted 4 years ago

This is an interesting question. I'm curious to see how many responses you get to this. How would you answer this?

4. KL Klein profile image86
    KL Kleinposted 4 years ago

I grew up in rural northern California, and I remember the time I was walking in the woods and nearly stumbled into two male mountain lions having a fight. They started roaring and screaming in the brush a few dozen yards up the trail I was walking along, and I turned right around and hightailed it back home.

I was about twelve, and it was the first time I truly thought I wasn't going to make it.

5. pelsicco profile image60
    pelsiccoposted 4 years ago

sitting in the sofa watching cartoons wishing i was inside the thing

6. sud82 profile image56
    sud82posted 4 years ago

one of the most memorable incidents of my childhood is that we used to play police-thief games a lot.  Almost every kid had a toy gun with which we used to fire tiny round stones on each other and it could hit pretty hard..and other one is we used to steal mangoes from the neighbor's garden..

7. Lee Tea profile image90
    Lee Teaposted 4 years ago

Great question! Mine are of these wooded parking rails I used to trip over every time to get to the neighbor's house - my little shins were always bruised.

8. whatonmelodysmind profile image61
    whatonmelodysmindposted 4 years ago

Walking on a bridge and while on my mid-way all of a sudden I fell down. Don't know how it happened? ...Lucky of me because after it, I stand and run going home. (No one knows what happened that day except me).

9. Anita Hasch profile image48
    Anita Haschposted 16 months ago

My sister and I were all dressed up for a christmas party. Both in identical frilly dresses. Ok for her but I was not impressed. While my mother was busy doing her hair I decided to have one last climb in our favorite tree.
    We used to climb up and then jump down onto the sand at the bottom. I forgot that I was not dressed in my usual jeans. As I jumped down my frilly dress got hooked on a branch. The dress was very well made because I did not fall clear but hung on the branch. My mother was not amused as a piece of the material had ripped open and the dress could not be repaired.

10. profile image57
    serarebecaposted 14 months ago

I remember all my naughty things to make others feel that I am a hero....and it makes me feel I won the the show....http://hubpages.com/family/answer/151985/what-funny-incident-from-your-childhood-do-you-best-remember#answer841628