jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Does nature shape our personalities more than our upbringing by parents?

1. Sundeep Kataria profile image73
    Sundeep Katariaposted 3 years ago

Does nature shape our personalities more than our upbringing by parents?

2. Anish Nrk profile image60
    Anish Nrkposted 3 years ago

Our personality is influenced by our experiences>environment>genetic endowment. I feel that the experiences, one faces from birth either knowingly or unknowingly will influence ones personality than anything else. This includes parenting, schooling and friendships one form in the early part of ones life. Nature has a role in mediating that experience but cannot be accounted entirely for it.

Sundeep Katariaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Very nicely answered Anish. Thanks

3. profile image0
    Dave36posted 3 years ago

Although i agree with Anish about what influences our personalities, it's not actually what happens to us but how we (our mind) perceives what's happened to us....Obviously as a kid we're constantly being lied to about our emotions/feelings etc, & so our emotional mind gets stronger than our logically thinking mind as we don't know how to deal with our emotions logically..So then we get shaped & molded by everything that happens to us, & we become a person motivated only by our past, & we become a certain stereo typical normal person..I know for a fact that a person can shed "all" their emotional baggage, & all the bullcrap that the schools/media/government etc throws at us..Then once in control of your emotions & feelings, you become who you actually are & realize that your personality is made up from your past not the present..So yes it's our "life story" so far that shapes our personalities, & we're constantly being told how to act etc....But like i say that's a trick of the emotional mind, & most people aren't who they think they really are..Most people have been fooled by their own mind.

Sundeep Katariaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Not everyone can can take control. But I agree with you. Thanks Dave

working