jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What's the biggest parenting mistake you did?

1. dailytop10 profile image92
    dailytop10posted 3 years ago

What's the biggest parenting mistake you did?

Mine was putting some chili on my daughter's slice of cake. I know it's rude but I was thinking that it was a good punishment for her after not cleaning her room. Don't ask me what happened next. I really felt bad about it and let's just say I'm happy our family is still together after that..haha

2. profile image0
    temptor94posted 3 years ago

Though I am not a parent myself, I have seen multiple parents commit this one mistake on a continuous basis. When their children break a toy or an item during a tantrum or just out of a whim (not by mistake), the parents just go ahead and buy them replacements. In my opinion, that just teaches the child that there's nothing wrong with destruction and everything can be replaced. These children may grow up to become disrespectful and selfish adults who are never ready to admit their faults.

1. Penny G profile image74
      Penny Gposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I so agree with this.

3. Penny G profile image74
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

Having them so close together. I went from no children to 4 children in three years, by age 24. I have a total of 6.

4. pattyfloren profile image80
    pattyflorenposted 3 years ago

My biggest parenting mistake was thinking that I could be a better parent for someone else's kids because through reading and applying what you learn is to see positive results.  I crashed and burned when my parenting skills were not as effective as I'd like them to be.  In reflection of these children growing up years, they still seem to admonish some of my characteristics even when they burned some "bridges to boot".  My hope is in the observation that caring is a continuous process for children and adults and that when we reach that platform of elevating ourselves the best that we can and like it, that it was all worth the conscience effort.