How can we teach children to develop good peer relations

1. Yudish Pandava profile image78
    Yudish Pandavaposted 2 years ago

How can we teach children to develop  good peer relations

2. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12482704_f260.jpg

Commence with getting them involved in team sports or dance teams. With me during my formative years (4-16) I was involved in team sports. We learned to sacrifice self-interests for greater team goals and most significantly we learned that working as a team as 1 unit we could create a synergy that would jettison us above and beyond with regards to achievement and awards. This attitude has followed me throughout life.
    Our children became involved in Irish Step Dancing when they were 4. Irish Step Dancing has both individual and group competition. Yet most of your time and energy is devoted to practice, practice, practice for both competitions and group shows. Thus one (once again) learns to sacrifice self-interest for team goals such as timing and filling show-niches based on your strengths and weaknesses.

3. profile image60
    Useless itchposted 2 years ago

The most affective way our children learn from us is from observing our daily lives. With this in mind a great start would be to practice "good" peer relations in our own lives. Because interpersonal relationships of all kind require learned skills such as interpreting non-verbal cues and a level of self awareness, the way we relate to our children can  convey to them "good" relating skills. All to often (for many and or very different reasons) parents themselves are Ill-equipped in "good" relational behaviors. I try to foster a "feeling friendly" household by engaging my children in age appropriate language while they deal with their feelings in the moment.

working