How to increase breast milk
Increasing breast milk supply
Increasing breast milk supply is one of the most common problem of almost every first time moms. Breast milk supply will increase gradually depending on the needs of your baby.
Breast milk supply does not depend on how big or small your breasts are. It depends on how your baby feed and sip milk from your breasts.
As long as your baby sips milk even more than 2 years, your mammary glands will still constantly produce milk.
Stimulate breast milk
You can stimulate breast milk by constantly letting your baby sip breast milk on regular basis up to 2 years. You should not miss consecutive days of feeding your baby.
I am breastfeeding my baby up to now, she is 1 year and 7 months old. I only breastfeed her during the night. Before we go to bed at 9pm, I will give her a bottled milk and I will let her sip on my breast after that until we fell asleep. From sleeping time 'til morning, I breastfeed her. We sleep next to each other so when she cry I can automatically offer my breast and we can continue our sleep. Sometimes, I do not hear her cry, I just woke up because she was sipping milk.
I stimulate my breast milk supply by letting my baby sip milk during the night especially sleeping time. During my working hours from 8 am to 5 pm, my baby will drink milk from the bottle. I don't use pump or anything to stimulate my breast milk supply.
Before I always thought that maybe I will not be able to increase my breast milk supply because I was busy at work and almost half of the day I am away from my baby. But I am surprise that until now, I still have breast milk. The supply automatically increase as my baby grow.
Size Does Not Matter
Breast milk supply does not depend on the size of your breast. I am a cup A and I am very petite, only 5 ft in height. Just eat healthy foods rich in vitamins and drinks lot of water to stimulate and increase your breast milk.
Tips to increase breast milk - Maintain adequate milk supply up to 2 years
- Avoid doing stressful job - Your body need adequate strength to produce milk. Do only light work job.
- Take some rest - If you are working, take a nap during lunch or break time.
- Do not let a day to pass without breastfeeding your baby so you can maintain the supply of milk.
- Eat healthy foods. Green leafy vegetable is one of the best food you should have. Soup and high supply of liquid is also necessary to produce milk. Drink lots of water and high fiber food to avoid constipation during breast feeding.
- Only HIV/AIDS Positive are not allowed to breastfeed their babies, but a sickness like common colds and diarrhea will not be a hassle for breastfeeding. In fact, when the mother is sick, she produces and transfers an immunity through breastfeeding to the baby. If you can feed your baby, don't miss a day or 2 to maintain the supply of your breast milk.
Foods that increase breast milk
All healthy foods are needed to increase breast milk supply and make your body healthy. But, green leafy vegetables with soup are the best food to have. Your body need lots, lots of water to produce milk. I think that is one of the reason why until now I still have breast milk. I drink around 10 glasses of water a day. I make it a habit because I do not want to suffer from constipation.
Moringa - 120 Veg Capsule Each 450 Mg (100 % Natural)
I have a Moringa plant on our backyard and I just cooked it with one glass of water. Add some chicken, fish or meat and salt to taste. It has complete vitamins that's why its called miracle tree. It is high in calcium, iron, potassium magnesium and fiber which are all necessary to stimulate the supply of breast milk.
High nutritional source of Vitamins, minerals and Antioxidants
Rich in Calcium, Iron, Potassium, Magnesium, Fiber
Nursing Night Dress
Nursing night dress will help your baby to have easy access to your breast during the night. Best nursing night dress during fall and winter. A very fashionable nursing night dress that will cover the belly bump.
Fashionable Nursing Dress
Nursing dress are very important so your baby can have access to your breast all the time without exposing too much of your skin. The style of this dress are very nice nobody would think its a nursing dress.