Laughing at Sanity and My 5 Children
Gratitude for Motherhood
I survived my life with my large family by being on top of things, always looking for a better idea, and finding the humor in everything. The by-product of this was learning to be grateful for the little things. So today, I'm sharing those discoveries with you.
I am the mother of 5 and the grandmother of 4 and I'm only 45 years old. To say I started early and so did my children is an understatement. When asked "Don't you know what causes that?", my answer is usually, "When God said multiply and replenish the earth I thought he meant me alone!"
Whether your family is large or small or your children are young or teens I'm sure you have your own stories about the dramatic things that became funnier with time. I hope you always see that. It's what makes being in a family wonderful.
The TEN BE-GRATITUDES
1. Grateful are the women who marry men who totally EXPECT them to have PMS for they shall feel comforted.
2. Grateful are the wives who receive praise from their family for cooking good dinners. They shall be around to cook another day.
3. Grateful are the mothers who actually get to eat warm food for those are they who have raised self-sufficient children.
4. Grateful are the moms with time for college classes, computer groups and books with chapters for they shall find sanity.
5. Grateful are the few who have teenagers who don't mind bringing friends home to "hang out". Their groceries will be few but their relationships stronger.
6. Grateful are those who hunger and thirst after children are tucked into bed. They shall discover chocolate.
7. Grateful are those who yearn for warmth on cold winter nights for they shall have significant others who radiate body heat for miles.
8. Grateful are the mothers who can't see their refrigerator doors for they have the stuff that scrapbooks are made of.
9. Grateful are they who know the tooth fairy and Santa intimately for they shall be able to slip either entity the cash to accomplish their work.
10. Grateful are those women, wives, mothers, lovers, and daughters everywhere who are proud to consider themselves so for joy multiplies with acknowledgement!
Want some other things to think about?
© 2009 Anita GoodIdea