Fight Your Morning Munchies: Potato Spinach Frittata
A Light Italian Omelet
Breakfast is considered as one of the most important meals of the day. It provides the energy for the entire morning till lunch. While sugar filled cereals and confectioneries like donuts or pastries satisfy our immediate hunger pangs (with a hot cup of joe, of course), the truth is, such a breakfast will have your stomach growl by 9:00AM. The best way to stave off the distraction of mid morning munchies is to start your day with protein. However, with the morning rush, it seems a lot easier to just grab some coffee and a muffin compared to assembling an omelet. Well, it doesn't have to be that complicated. Here's a simple Italian recipe that you can prepare the night before: potato and spinach frittata.
What You Will Need
- 3 small or medium sized potatoes peeled and diced
- 60g of freshly chopped spinach
- 30ml of olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- salt to taste
- 6 eggs
- 50ml of milk
- 10g of crumbled Feta cheese
- 80g of grated Gouda cheese
*Note: Use whatever cheese you like , but be sure it is something hard or crumbles. Do NOT use mozzarella, unless you want to clean a very messy skillet.*
- Heat olive oil in skillet and cook potatoes till tender. (Not mushy)
- Add onions and garlic and saute till onions are translucent.
- Add spinach and cook till it wilts.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs with milk and beat till fluffy. Season with salt.
- Add egg mixture to the vegetables.
- Sprinkle Feta and Gouda cheese on top.
- Cook uncovered till eggs are firm
- Bon appetit!
**Note: Be sure to wrap in aluminum foil and store in a warm location till morning (i.e an empty oven). **