- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Mother's Pecan Pie
Your Thoughts Please
More Recipes with Pecans
- Frozen Caramel - Coconut Dessert
A little of your time some Caramel, Nuts, Coconut, a little flour and butter can make this lusciously rich Frozen Caramel Dessert a new requested family favorite.
Nothing Better Than Pie!
Pies, Pies Glorious Pies! At any gathering where a meal is involved you can almost always be sure there will a pie or two. While sometimes it is necessary to pick one up from the bakery section of your grocer or even resort to baking a frozen one, nothing beats a good homemade, right from the oven pie. Oh, and those wonderful aromas that fill the house while it's baking are mouth watering.
I would rather make a pie any day than a cake. The ingredients are simpler and very often right on the pantry self. There's no icing to deal with and usually no left overs either. The hardest part of making any pie is the crust, but with the ready made ones available in the refrigerator or freezer section of the grocery story that is not an issue for me anymore. And I will have to say, after trying almost all of the crust that are available that Pillsbury is the best.
In my family our favorite pie has always been my mom's Pecan Pie. I never even tried making one until she was no longer with us ten years ago. She always said just follow the recipe on the Light Karo syrup bottle but add an extra egg. Well, I have to say my first attempts were approved and accepted by my family. Some even said it was a good as Mom's!
You don't even have to get the mixer out for this quick, easy to assemble, mouth watering pie!
- 1 Cup Light Karo Syrup, do not use Dark
- 4 Large-Jumbo Eggs, use 5 if not very large
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter, slightly cooled
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cups Pecans, Coarsely Chopped
- 1 Unbaked 9" Deep Dish Pie Crust
Chop, mix, bake. ENJOY!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat the eggs well with whisk. Add sugar, syrup, butter and vanilla and mix well by hand. Add pecans and mix. Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Cover edges of crust with aluminum foil to prevent burning. Place on center rack of oven and bake 60-70 minutes. Check after 60 minutes, if center springs back it's done, if not bake little longer.
- Room cool completely before serving. But if you can't wait it's ok to serve slightly warm.