How To Make Your Own Homemade Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup
Old Fashioned Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Warm Your Heart and Home With Old Fashioned Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
It is January now as I write this article. We are in the depths of winter here and there is frost on the bare branches outdoors. The children have been taking their turns passing around the sniffles. We have had our fill of too many Christmas cookies and are ready for some real comfort food. So this afternoon I will make this lovely old fashioned chicken noodle soup. It will fill our tummies and hopefully chase away the chills and sniffles.
Cut up chicken
- One 3-4lb Whole chicken 3-4 lbs., Cut up into about 8 pieces
- 2 cups Celery pieces, I usually take a washed bunch of celery and throw in the ends and leafy pieces
- 3 large Carrots
- 1 large Yellow onion
- 4 Cloves pressed garlic cloves
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 tablespoons Jhonny's Seasoning Salt
- 2 teaspoons Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Tarragon
- 1 cup White mushrooms sliced
- 20 ounces Country Pasta brand Homemade Style Egg Pasta, I purchase mine at Costco
Putting it all together
- In a large stockpot combine The chicken pieces, 12 cups of water, carrots, onion, celery, bay leaves, tarragon, pepper, and fresh pressed garlic.
- Bring to a boil over a high heat and then turn down the to a simmer for about an hour.
- Pour the soup through a strainer into another large stock pot. Dump the strained ingredients onto a cookie sheet to cool.
- Now you should have a fairly clear chicken broth. Pour the noodles and mushrooms into this broth and boil for about 20 minutes.
- When the chicken and veggies are cool enough to handle. Remove the carrots and slice them into thin coins and cut the chicken meat into bite sized pieces. Then return the chicken and carrots into the pot.
More great links!
- Does Chicken Soup Really Cure The Common Cold?
Could it be true that grandma was correct all along? Is there really any scientific evidence that chicken soup can cure a cold? Lets find out.
- New Orleans Clam Chowder & Corn Recipe
At our local Cajun eatery I have tried a chowder that combines shrimp, craw fish & clams that really knocks your socks off! It tastes some what like clam chowder but it is so much more complex. It has onions, garlic, celery, corn and even a hint
- Beer-Cheese Soup with Chicken and Bacon
A thick, rich and flavorful beer-cheese soup recipe, made extra-hearty and dinner-worthy with the addition of bacon and plenty of chicken breast meat. Easy to make, even from scratch.
- Smoked Chicken Chowder: a smoky soup recipe
A rich and hearty, smoky and spicy chowder recipe that tastes gourmet!
- Roast Chicken Salad Recipie
The best chicken salad recipe ever. This is a delicious, healthy salad you can put together in minutes and it cost less than ten dollars.