1 Simple Recipe for a Quick and Healthy Breakfast: Microwave Muffins
Sometimes quick, healthy, and tasty don't go together. Well, most of the time they don't go together. Everyone wants to eat healthier, right? But it's just so incredibly hard! Especially when the truly healthy food often tastes like cardboard and can leave us unsatisfied. That's why I love finding healthy food that doesn't taste healthy. And this microwave paleo muffin recipe fits the bill perfectly.
The recipe is very versatile. While there are four main ingredients, you can add whatever you want for some more flavor or nutrition. I like putting in flax meal for a little bit of extra nutrition and oatmeal for a denser consistency. My sister likes putting in berries and chocolate chips. Whatever you want to add, you can add.
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 spoonful peanut butter
- 1 spoonful cocoa powder
- fruit, chocolate chips, oatmeal, spices, etc., (optional)
- Smash up banana in a mug or other microwavable dish.
- Add egg, cocoa powder, and peanut butter and mix together until everything is blended.
- Mix optional ingredients like fruit, chocolate chips, oatmeal, or spices.
- Put it in the microwave and put it on for three minutes or until it's thoroughly cooked.