15 Healthy Potluck Choices For Any Occasion
Tomato, Cucumber, Onion Salad
Vegetable Tray/Vegetable Platter
Most potlucks I have been to, usually have greasy foods, foods high in fat, starch and cheese. Rarely did these potlucks have healthy dishes. In order to break the trend of unhealthy potlucks, here are some quick food options to have healthy meals with our loved ones and friends at a potluck.
1. Tomato, Cucumber and Purple Onions Salad- slice up cucumbers and cut up tomatoes, then add salt and pepper. Slice or dice half of a purple onion, add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and squeezed lemon.
2. Pasta Salad- You can any type of pasta, ziti rotini, penne or spiral pasta, put in boiling water. Then drain out hot water and wait for pasta to cool. Add black olives, grape tomatoes, dice bell peppers (yellow, orange, red, green), ranch dressing, Italian dressing and Italian seasoning.
3. Greek Salad- Use Romaine Lettuce and cut up, add chopped grape or plum tomatoes, slice cucumbers and slice some red onions. Add chickpeas and olives and feta cheese on top. Then choose a salad dressing of your choice.
4. Three Bean Salad- take canned green beans, canned kidney beans, canned chickpeas, drain out water, then add apple cider vinegar and brown sugar.
5. Vegetable Tray- add tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and baby carrots with vegetable dip.
6. Vegetable Rice boil Rice and strain. Sauté carrots and bell peppers, peas and add to rice.
7. Wild Rice- Follow the instructions on the box.
8. Steamed Vegetables- you can steam green beans and add salt and pepper. You can also steam zucchini and yellow squash or steam broccoli, carrots and cauliflower.
9. Sauté Green Beans- add oil and crushed garlic cloves and then cut up green beans. Steam for 10-15 minutes.
10. Stir Fry Vegetables W/Noodles or Sphagetti- Use any noodles or pasta(spaghetti, penne, linguine)and boil the pasta and drain it. Then defrost frozen vegetables, either broccoli, carrots, cauliflower or frozen peas, carrots and green beans. In a skillet, add olive oil, garlic, then add the vegetables, add a dash of soy sauce and crushed garlic cloves. Let it cook for 5-7 minutes and then throw in the pasta.
11. Potatoes with Rosemary or Scallion. Microwave or Boil Potatoes. Cut in half after boiling, add potatoes to pan and add olive oil, rosemary and scallion. Bake for 5-7 minutes.
12. Vegetable Couscous- boil couscous in water. Then sauté in olive oil, carrots and chopped bell peppers. After sauteing, add to couscous.
13. Baked Chicken- you can bake chicken parts or a whole chicken. First, spray baking pan with cooking spray, add chicken parts, seasoning of your choice, black pepper and cook in oven for 30-40 minutes.
14. Grilled Chicken- take boneless chicken breasts, add seasoning of your choice and grill chicken in a grill pan or barbecue grill.
15. Grilled Fish or Shrimp- grill shrimp, talpia, salmon or any other fish. Squeeze lemon on fish/shrimp and add ground lemon pepper or a seasoning, olive oil and place on the grill.
Healthy Food Hubs
- 6 Ways to Jumpstart Weight Loss
Losing Weight can be quite challenging, but there are many safe things you can do to lose weight. Here are a few tips to jump start weight loss so you can take those pounds off quickly.
- 7 Healthy Cooking Tips for a Quick Dinner or Quick Meal
These cooking tips can make your time preparing meals fun delightful and also give you more great tasty, healthy meals.
- 11 Ways to Prepare and Cook Green Beans
There are many ways to prepare and cook green beans. You do not have to settle to just boiling green beans and making the usual green bean casserole. Check out these tips to add flavor and great taste to green beans.
- How to Make a Tasty Pizza Burger
Pizza burgers are great for those who love burgers as much as pizza. Here is how to prepare this great tasting burger.