- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients
25 Terrific Uses of Baking Soda
Baking Soda and Your Home
Baking soda or Bicarbonate of soda is one of those items that a household shouldn't do without. Not only can you use it in cooking, it is invaluable in the kitchen and other rooms of your home. Not only that it is inexpensive. With the way the economy is going I am always looking for ways to say money. Take a look at the list and try some of the uses. I tried them and they really do work.
25 Uses of Baking Soda
1. Put an opened box of baking soda in your refridgerator and freezer to deodorize and absorb odors. Make sure you replace your baking soda every 2 weeks.
2. To sweetened your wash add 1/2 cup of baking soda to your laundry load.
3. The best thing to use for a grease or electrical fire is baking soda. To safely put out the fire scatter it with baking soda.
4. To clean your fresh vegetables and fruits soak them in water with a handful of baking soda. Rinse and enjoy.
5. To get those coffee stains out of your glass or stainless steel coffeepot wash them with a solution of 3 tbsp. baking soda to 1 quart of water.
6. Nothing polishes silverware better than baking soda and a damp cloth. Simply rub, rinse well, and dry immediately.
7. For burned on food you can either soak your pan in water and baking soda for up to 1/2 hour or you can sprinkle the pan with dry baking soda and scrub with a moist scouring pad.
8. To clean glass and porcelain and plastic containers, use dry baking soda and a damp cloth, rinse well and dry.
9. To keep your drains sweet smelling and flowing freely put 4 to 5 tbsp of baking soda in them and flush with hot water.
10. For those smelly shoes sprinkle with baking soda to make them smell sweet again.
11. To relieve heartburn or acid indigestion drink a solution of 1/2 tsp of baking soda and 1/2 of a glass of water.
12. Make a paste of baking soda and water to relieve a sunburn.
13. Baking soda can also be used as an underarm deodorant.
14. To make dried beans more digestible and less gassy add baking soda to the water when soaking.
15. To sweetened your sour smelly dishcloths soak them in baking soda and water before washing.
16. Mix together a paste of baking soda and water to help relieve a bee sting.
17. Baking soda makes a great mouth wash and it also helps relieve the pain of canker sores.
18. To relieve the itching and discomfort of poison ivy, rashes and insect bites make a paste of baking soda and water and apply it to the area.
19. For those hard to remove strong odors such as onion and garlic that you get on your hands during cooking, wet your hands and rub them with baking soda. The unwanted odors will disappear.
20. To help reduce smoke odor and prevent smoldering cigarettes sprinkle your ashtray with baking soda.
21. To give your automatic dishwasher a cood cleaning run baking soda through a cycle.
22. For those greasy spots that appear on your garage floor to remove them sprinkle with baking soda, let sit, scrub with a brush and rinse.
23. When your coffee pot needs cleaning run a baking soda solution though a cycle.
24.Soak your combs and brushes in baking soda and water for a gentle, thorough cleaning.
25. Clothes with oil or grease stains come out cleaner when you add baking soda to the wash cycle. It helps loosen the grease and oil.
- Try Baking Soda for Canker Sore Relief
While there are lots of canker sore treatments out there, baking soda is one of the best natural remedies to reduce pain and inflammation and promote healing. Get tips on treating your mouth sores with baking soda paste and mouth rinses.
- Baking Soda Hair Wash Method
If you've never heard of it before, your going to think I'm crazy but the Baking Soda hair wash method is a womens best friend when it comes to hair care. A baking soda hair wash will clean out the excess product, remove impurities, and clean your...
- Health and Beauty Uses for Baking Soda
Baking soda is a common kitchen ingredient and yet, it can be used for many health and beauty purposes from dental hygiene to shiny hair.