3 Course Crockpot Dinner
Crock-Pot Slow Cooker
Crock Pot Dinner
If you have a crock pot then you already know that the food that you can make with them is always flavorsome and delicious. Crock pots are great for sealing in flavor and keeping food moist and tender. This Hub will show you how to make three dishes with your crock pot that will make an amazing 3 course dinner for you and your family.
The starter will be a yummy bean soup. People often don't realize that beans are an excellent source of vitamins and fiber and are wonderful in a soup. This soup is chunky and delicious and the smell when cooking will make your mouth water.
The main meal will be a wonderful crock pot mac and cheese. Macaroni and cheese is a very popular dish and even children enjoy the warm, melt in your mouth cheesy delight. Mac and cheese is an excellent comfort food and this one tastes so good you will want second helpings. The cheese is so creamy the macaroni is cooked to perfection. Surprise your loved ones with this amazing main meal.
Dessert is going to be the most important part of the family meal. The dessert is the last thing people eat so it is the most memorable part of the meal so if you make a great dessert you have made a great dinner. Do not let your dessert let you down. The crock pot dessert that we have here for you is Apple Brown Betty. Apple Brown Batty is a very popular dessert and is sweet and tart at the same time. If you like Apple Brown Batty then you will love this crock pot version.
I hope you enjoy these recipes!
Yummy bean soup
This is a very simple recipe to follow and is really tasty. This is a great starter for families with big appetites. This yummy bean soup is great on its own as a soup or you can have it as part of a main meal by pouring it over rice.
As well as this being a great tasting soup it is also really cheap to make. Beans are not very expensive and are very easy to get hold of so you can make this and it will not cost you a small fortune. The simple ingredients all have simple but amazing flavors that are even better when combined and slow cooked.
- 1 can Kidney beans, drained
- 1 can Butter beans, drained
- 1 can Lima beans, drained
- 1 can Cannelini Beans, drained
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 tbsp Oregano, Dried
- 2 cans Chicken Stock
- Water, Enough to cover the mixture
- 3 stalks Celery
- 3 Carrots, diced
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp Garlic Puree
- 1 lb Chorizo Sausage, Diced
- 2 can Chopped Tomatoes
Yummy bean soup
- Combine first 5 ingredients (liquid should cover mixture by 1"-2") in Crock Pot Cook on high for 2 hours
- Add remaining ingredients and switch the cooker to low setting and cook for additional 3 hours
- Additional: To spice up this dish you can add a pinch of crushed Cayenne pepper.
Mac and Cheese
Slow cooked Macaroni and cheese
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 4 cups(16 ounces) shredded sharp Chedder Cheese
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the cooked macaroni in crock pot that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the remaining ingredients, all except 1 cup of the cheese, mix well.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of cheese and then cover and cook on low setting for 5 to 6 hours or until the mixture is firm and golden around the edges. Do not remove the cover or stir until it has finished cooking.
Apple Brown Betty
- 3 lbs. cooking apples
- 10 slices of bread, cubed (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine, melted
- Wash apples, peel, core, cut into eighths; place in bottom on crock. Combine bread cubes, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, sugar, butter; toss together.
- on top of apples in crock. Cover. Place crock into outer shell. Cook on low setting 2 to 4 hours.
Amazing Crock pots from Amazon
Pulled BBQ Chicken Crockpot Recipe
Crock Pot Vs Conventional Oven
Which cooks the best chilli?
Advantages of slow cooked food
Why do people go on about slow cooked food?
When you cook something slowly it allows for the flavors of the dish to infuse and to intensify. Cooking chilli slowly means that you have a chilli that is full of flavor because the ingredients have been cooked on a low temperature so none of the flavor has been boiled away. It also means that the beef in the chilli has been cooking slow and low and is very tender and juicy. The beef becomes melt in your mouth delicious.
The other advantage of slow cooked food is that it is more nutritious. When you cook things on a high heat and cook it quickly you lose some of the nutrients contained in the ingredients because they get boiled away. Using a crock pot means that those nutrients do not get boiled away and remain in the dish.
So slow cooked food tastes better and is better for you. The only disadvantage is that it takes longer to cook food so it is important to give yourself enough time to cook the food.
Cool Crock Pots
© 2013 trotter2099