3 Healthy Vegetable Salad Recipes: Peanut Salad, Cool Crunchy Salad & Mixed Vegetable Salad
Delicious Vegetable Salads
How I fell in love with salads
I wasn’t a great fan of green vegetables or salads until I was down with severe constipation for months.
Everyone knows that vegetables and fruits are absolutely essential for healthy eating purpose. Since both are important sources to enable smooth bowel movements, I often choose to eat salads compare to vegetables as salad recipes are versatile, quick and easy to prepare and no cooking task are required at all.
We frequently had salads for dinner on every fortnight that had turn out to be one of the healthy food ideas which our family loved; mixed vegetable salad, the best as it is an easy healthy recipe that even my teen daughter could prepare on her own for a midnight snack when she had to burn midnight oil for her school projects and exam fever periods.
Helps Bowel Movements
Do you add anything else into your daily salads?
Brief Benefits Of Eating Salads
- A bowl of fresh raw vegetables mix with a good variety of fruits, are best for the body by replenishing lost fluids
- help to stimulate bowel movement naturally.
- Vegetable salads, fruit salads, avocado salad, tuna salad and chicken salad are commonly consume and suitable for people who are on diet, trying to lose weight, teens, light eaters, fussy eaters such as kids and busy working adults.
- You could turn any of these delicious salad recipes into healthy lunch ideas for busy working women who are constantly weight watchers, eager to have slim figure in order to wear slim fit jeans or figure tight clothes and most importantly is to be healthy.
Salad Alternative Ingredient Additions
Sometimes, I may even add in
- strips of left over roasted
- baked turkey,
- or even open up a can of tuna flakes to add a twist of meaty juicy flavor for a simple delicious salad recipe.
Do you smoke?
Brief Salads Nutritional Value
- Salad belongs to the vegetables family which provide large amount of nutrients such as beta carotene, folic acid and vitamin C.
- Dark green and red colored lettuce are best eaten raw in order to obtain all the nutrition, especially freshly purchase from the market.
- Watercress is one and only unique salad ingredient that consists of a substance known as Phenethylisothiocyanate which had been proven to help neutralize tobacco lung carninogen called NNK.
- For these consumers who are heavy or light smokers, you ought to eat a medium bowl of watercress salad every day to prevent lung cancer. Watercress helps to remove toxins and excessive respiratory mucus from the lung.
Recipe No.1- Peanut Salad
Try this tamarind paste
A Long List Of Ingredients
- 3 tbs corn oil, or olive oil
- 1 tbs chillie paste, optional
- 3 tbs Sambal Tumis paste, I chose MAGGI brand
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbs chillie sauce
- 2 tbs thick tamarind juice
- 1 1/2 tbs brown sugar
- 200gm roasted eanuts, coarsely pounded
- 1 small yambean, peeled and shredded
- 1 small cucumber, coarsely shredded
- 3 pieces beancurd, deep fried and sliced
- 1 piece tempe, deep fried and sliced
- 200gm water convolvulus (kangkong), blanched
- 100gm tapioca shoots, blanched
- 100gm cabbage, blanched
- 100gm long beans, cut into 3cm length, blanched
- 150gm beansprouts, tailed, blanched
- Heat oil and stir fry chilli paste until aromatic.
- Stir in Sambal Tumis Paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add in water, chilli sauce, tamarind juice, brown sugar, belacan powder and cook over low heat for 5 minutes
- Stir in peanuts and remove from heat.
- Arrange vegetables on serving plate and serve with prepared sauce.
- Alternatively, toss vegetable well with peanut sauce and serve immediately.,
What Is Tempeh?
Tempeh is actually made from soybeans whereby fermentation process is done to combine the soybeans into a rectangular shape, slightly flat for easy cooking purpose.
It is originally created in Indonesia that majority people In Java consume tempeh as the main source of protein instead of fish. Tempeh is used all over the world especially in vegetarian recipes and does not rot easily. You can even keep tempeh in the fridge for weeks and still able to consume it!
- If you couldn't buy the listed vegetables in the wet market, you could substitute them with the local vegetables that you prefer such as avocado, cabbage, cucumber, tomato or zuchinni
- Can't find any brown sugar? Replace it with granulated sugar!
- Buy packets of groundnuts if you don't have time to roast the nuts. Groundnuts with a little salt taste crunchy and tasty rather than bland.
Recipe No.2- Cool Crunchy Salad
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ready to Serve Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 Persons
Another Option For The Chicken Stock:
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Concentrated Chicken Stock ( I use MAGGI brand)
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoon like juice
- sugar and pepper to taste
- 350gm cucumber, cut into 2cm thickness
- 100gm carrot -sliced
- Cut the cucumber into your desired shapes but make sure that the thickness is approximately 2cm thick.
- Slice the carrot into thin slices or strips.
- In a salad bowl, mix in plain yogurt, concentrated chicken stock, chopped ginger, lime juice, 1 tsp of sugar or less, a few dash of pepper and stir well.
- Test out the salad dressing's taste. Adjust accordingly.
- Add in cucumber and carrot.
- Toss well. The higher, better still.
- Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Ready to serve.
You definitely need this!
Recommended Kitchen Toolkit
If you are not good at slicing cucumber and carrot into thin slices, you should try purchasing this Vegetable Fruit Twister Cutter Slicer to help you to make beautifully twirling cucumber or carrot for your dish decoration.
All you have to do is cut the cucumber into half, put it into the tube and twist the lower tube with a little strength. Out comes the twirled cucumber that looks remarkably awesome, good to eat and beautiful decoration on food.
- Use plain original yogurt instead of fruit mixture yogurt. Mixed yogurt will spoli the taste and produce weird combination. Plain yogurt is an excellent choice to bring out the natural vegetable salad taste
- You can either grate the carrot or slice into strips for easy consumption since carrot is naturally hard although crunchy.
- Do not remove the cucumber skin. Simply wash the skin cleanly and use the fruit cutter to slice out the shape that you prefer.
- If you cannot finish the salad, remember to keep it in the fridge. Otherwise, the yogurt will turn sour in room temperature.
- Couldn't find the Concentrated Chicken Stock? Don't worry. Replace it with 1 tsp of chicken stock granule mixed with 2-3 tbps of warm water into a bowl. make sure that the stock is diluted.
Recipe No.3- Mixed Vegetable Salad
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ready to Serve Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 4 persons
- 200gm natural low fat yogurt
- 3/4 cup Thai Chilli Sauce
- 1 tbps Concentrated Chicken Stock ( I used MAGGI brand )
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 300gm asparagus-cut into 2cm length
- 12 lettuce leaves, coarsely shredded
- 8 cherry tomatoes-halved
- 1 small red onion-sliced
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup boiled florets cauliflower
- 1 cup boiled florets broccoli
- In a bowl, combine dressing ingredients together. Stir well and set aside for later use.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Arrange boiled vegetables and the remaining fresh vegetables on a salad late.
- Cover and chill in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Spoon prepared dressing over vegetables and toss lightly.
- Serve immediately.
Get FREE Chiili Sauce From McD or Burger King
- If you do not have any Thai Chiili Sauce at home, replace it with any of your preferred chilli sauce
- Replace Concentrated Chicken Stock with Chicken stock 1/2 cube or 1 tsp of granules mix with 3 tbps of warm water. Mix well until diluted thick paste.
- Bring 1/2 pot of water to boil and toss in cauliflower to cook it. Do not mix it with the broccoli. Cauliflower takes a longer time to soften compare to broccoli.
- Once the cauliflower and broccoli have soften, quickly dish them out and dip into cold water to keep them crisp and crunchy.
- You can substitute yogurt with coleslaw dressing and any of your preferred dressing.
|Serving size: 4|
|Calories from Fat||153|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 17 g||26%|
|Saturated fat 8 g||40%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 21 g||7%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 50 g||200%|
|Protein 23 g||46%|
|Cholesterol 40 mg||13%|
|Sodium 10 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Learn How To Wash Lettuce From a professional Chef
More Healthy Articles To Read
- Learn how To Read Food Labels Before Buying
Consumers love to do grocery shopping at supermarket and hypermarket because it is convenient and it is air-conditioned. Besides selecting fresh food and seafood, we also buy packaged food and beverages for which are quick to prepare and are usually
- 5 Easy Salad Recipes-Fruit Salad, Avocado Salad, Chicken Salad and Pasta Salad
Salad is a low cholesterol diet plan for weight watchers. salad dressing is important. Choose light dressing because normal salad dressing consists of fats and calories. Here are easy chicken salad recipe, how to make fruit salad recipe
- Health Benefits of Garlic & How To Use Garlic To Get Rid Of Phlegm
Garlic is known to have been used since thousands of years ago. It brings lots of benefits to our body and it is a great ingredient to enhance our food taste.
- HEALTHY TOFU aka BEANCURD and TOFU RECIPE
Beancurd is healthy for all ages. Best known to lower cholesterol level and improve your skin.
© 2013 peachy