- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
How to - Easy, fast and cheap Desserts - 3 non cook ideas Yummo!
Desserts fast and easy and cheap. Read on.
If your'e stuck with only simple ingredients and lacking magnificent inspiration for desserts to impress here's 3 easy, fast and impressive deas to help you out! Yummm.Takes 10 mins to prepare
Berry cheesecake - Healthy and fast.
Setting time 4 - 5 hours
- 3 cups of non fat berry yogurt
- 500 gm of low or non fat cream cheese
- 2tbs gelatine dissolved in 1/4 cup of water.
- 2 tbs sugar - Can add more for personal taste.
- 1 small squirt of lemon juice
- 1 packet of plain biscuits. Some milk for dipping the biscuits in to soften.
- Get a cake tin and dip enough biscuits in milk to cover the bottom of the tin. No need to crumble etc. I just lay them tightly next to each other and break off bits to squeeze into the spaces. Make sure the biscuits have absorbed a bit of milk before laying them. You may have to dip twice. Put tin in the fridge so biscuits continue to soften.
- Toss all the other ingredients into a blender ( except gelatine and water mixture) and blend until lump free.
- While this is blending boil 1/4 cup of water and completely dissolve the gelatine in it.
- Pour gelatine mixture into blended yogurt mixture at the very end and whiz together for a few more seconds.
- Pour the mixture gently on top of softened biscuit base in the refrigerated tin and put back in the fridge for about 4-5 hours. (Time may vary depending on your fridge)
When getting firm you can decorate the top with things such as extra berries, shaved chocolate, cream, mint leaves or all of them! If you're really creative divide plain sweetened yogurt into 3 bowls and blend separately with different fruits then layer for triple the color and impressiveness!
* Variations with flavors can be made such as -
- substituting fruit yogurt for plain yogurt, honey and cinnamon,
- other flavored yogurts
- Plain yogurt mixture poured over sweetened baking apple pieces and cinnamon etc
This recipe is always a hit and so quick and easy to make. Enjoy!
Layered mudcake - Decadent and fast.
This is a great recipe for a posh looking, great tasting dessert in a few minutes. Great for dinner parties. Your guests will think it took you ages!
Takes 5 -10 mins to prepare - although improves in texture if it can set for a few hours in the refrigerator.
Setting time 5 mins, keeps for up to 2 days.
- Buy a cheap mud cake from the supermarket, one with icing on top. (They are usually awful and overly sweet but this does a miracle on them.)
- 11/2 cups of thickened cream
- Whip the cream. Don't add sugar as the cake is sweet already.
- Cut the cake in half, horizontally, so you get two rounds.
- Place the bottom half on your display plate then top it with cream and spread generously all over including the sides. You are aim for around 1 - 1.5 cm thickness of cream.
- With the top half invert it (turn it upside down) so the icing layer is now in the middle of the cake. Lay it on top of the base cake layer and again cover with cream including the sides.
You should have a cake completely covered in cream now.
Top with chocolate shavings, berries, wafers, cracked toffee, crushed malt balls or anything else your imagination can conjure up. Clean up the plate and Bon appetite!
Serve thinly as it is very rich but I guarantee there will be none left.
This is a great recipe for a large group.
Takes 10 mins to prepare - although needs a few hours in the freezer.
Setting time at least two hours.
- Any flavour of Gelato (try mango and lemon)
- Vanilla ice cream
- Cake - chocolate or vanilla
- Ice magic or choc magic (the choc topping that hardens when you pour on ice cream.
- Layer a square or rectangle tin with baking paper or cling wrap making sure it hangs over each side.
- With slightly softened gelati and ice cream (so you can spread but it is not runny) cover the bottom of the tin with 1 cm thick layer of cake then cover with a layer of gelati then a layer of ice cream then start to layer again with gelati.
- Continue alternating, ice cream and gelati flavours until you reach the top of the tin.
- Top with another layer of cake.
- Put into freezer for at least a few hours.
Before serving, cut into slices while in the tin with a heated knife blade. Invert the tin and tip out pull on side of paper or cling wrap to help get it out. Working quickly pull off baking paper. To finish off do a criss cross or swirl pattern across the top with choc magic. Using the choc top you could also write you guest name or love hearts for Valentine's Day for an extra thoughtful touch and plate up.
Some of my other food hubs to check out
If you enjoyed my hub please check out my other hubs, comment, share and email the link to friends and checkout the items printed in blue for my recommendations and links.
© 2013 Frangipanni