- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
30-Minute Chili - It's a Snap!
I love simple main dish recipes. They are great to serve company, prepare for a church potluck or when you're tired after a hard day at work and don't really feel like cooking. This "dump" chili recipe (open the cans & pour in a pot) is easily prepared in 30 minutes, costs about $1.50 per person and is very nutritious.
- 1 pound ground beef, 93% lean
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, with juice
- 1 15 ounce can chili hot beans, with juice
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, with juice
- 1 12 ounce can diced tomatoes & green chiles (mild), with juice
- 1 12 ounce can petite diced tomatoes, with juice
- Brown ground beef on medium heat in a large saucepan. Drain if desired.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cover.
- Cook for at least 20 minutes.
- Serve by itself or add toppings as desired (sour cream, diced onions, shredded cheese).
|Serving size: 10 ounces|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Carbohydrates 11 g||4%|
|Fiber 4 g||16%|
|Protein 8 g||16%|
|Cholesterol 12 mg||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Stretch it further
If I have any leftovers, there's usually not quite enough for another meal. So, I save what I have and add about 1/2 cup elbow macaroni and a cup of water to the pot the next time for "Chili Mac." Cook until the pasta is done (about 10-12 minutes).
Special thanks to Carly Sullens for the FREE use of her hub capsule dividers!
Another Yummy Cold-Weather Recipe
- Healthy, Hearty Mexican Chicken Soup
Are you tired of the same old (although yummy) chicken soup? Here's a simple Mexican twist on an old favorite, just in time for colder weather.