4 Ingredient No Fuss Caramel
Caramel is one of those desserts that many think has to be complicated, but it doesn't. With just four ingredients, you make caramel for apples, caramel sauce for popcorn or even candies. This recipe is for those that want a great caramel sauce with ten minutes and very little effort.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- So I am going to simplify this recipe for you. In a heavy pan on med-high heat (6 on a 1-10 scale) pour ingredients in.
- Set until the sugar melts and starts to simmer.
- Stir constantly, not scraping the sides.( I use a metal whisk)
- How long you cook it will determine consistency, the mixture will also get darker the longer you cook it.
- At simmering point: 2 minutes for caramel sauce 5 minutes for thicker sauce for apples and such 7-8 minutes will thicken in 8 hours to chewy candies.