- Food and Cooking
Easy Recipes: 5 Simple Ingredients
Just five ingredients (or less) recipes that are delicious and a snap to prepare.
BEEF NOODLE SOUP
Ready in 30 minutes or less
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) beef ramen noodles
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the V8 juice, soup mix, contents of noodle seasoning packet and mixed vegetables.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6 minutes or until vegetable are tender. Return to a boil; stir in noodles. Cook for 3 minutes or until noodles are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
BANANA-NUT CORN BREAD
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup milk
In a bowl, combine all ingredients just until blended. Spoon into two greased 8 inch x 4 inch x 2 inch loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESE BARS
1 tube (18 ounces) or 2 cups of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
Cut cookie dough in half. For crust, press half of the dough onto the bottom of a greased 8 inch quare baking pan. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth. Spread over crust. Crumble remaining dough over top. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a tooth-pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB GELATIN
2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping
In a saucepan, bring rhubarb, sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 3-5 minutes or until the rhubarb is softened.
Remove from heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Pour into a bowl. Refrigerate for 20 minutes for until partially set. Fold in whipped topping. Chill until firm. Yield: 4 servings.
Ready in 1 hour or less.
- 1 can (40 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups ranch-flavored tortilla chips, crushed
In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish. Bake uncovered at 350° for 30-35 minutes until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.