- Food and Cooking
How to Become a Chef and their Favorite Recipes
Have you ever thought about how to become chef? Is it possible to fulfill that dream? Do you have everything it takes to become one? Do you want to open your own restaurant? You think these questions to yourself all the time, especially when you see chefs like Emerald, Rachael, Paula, and Giada’s show on the food network every day.
See if you have following 6 qualities to become a chef;
1. Be patient – It takes a long time to achieve the title “Master Chef”. It requires a lot of experience and training to enhance your skill. You may need to join a Culinary School, an apprenticeship or internship in order to reach the professional level.
2. Hard Work and Creativity – You have to work hard and bring lots of creativity and imagination to prepare and present your unique, newly discovered recipes.
3. Dedication: - You need to have a dedication towards your time, completing your culinary school courses, and gain experience through working in top level restaurants.
4. Physical activity: - You need to enhance your physical skill towards cooking, baking as well as slicing chopping, and mixing an appropriate food. At the end serve it at the table with a great aroma so that it can bring a pleasant atmosphere for your customers. Everything has to serve hot fresh and on time.
5. Love for Food – To be a great chef you must have great passion for food. You should know all kind of seasonings, spices, herbs, curry powder, turmeric powder, their smell and how to use them and when.
6. Constant experimenting with different spices and seasonings to create a new aroma for your dishes is certainly a positive thing to achieve your goal. If you have all these characters and determinations then you might fulfill your dreams as a better chef.
Chef`s Favorite Recipes
1. Recipe: Flax seed Muffin
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 apples, peeled, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed nuts
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pan or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients then add the milk, eggs and oil; mix until just blended. Now stir in the carrots, apples and nuts. Keep it aside for 10 minutes. Now its time to fill muffin cups with prepared batter.
- Bake at 350 F. for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
2. Recipe: Lentil Soup
- 1 onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 large red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups lentil, soaked at least 2 hrs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mango powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 medium tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a pressure cooker, cook lentil combine with the onion, salt, garlic, ginger powder and cumin for 10 minutes.
- Then, add cut tomatoes, mango powder, chopped red bell peppers and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch with 1 1/2 tablespoons of water.
- Add the lemon and the cornstarch to the soup; cook until thickened.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Secrets of Making Perfect Authentic Hyderabadi Chick...
Best Hydrabadi chicken biryani recipe ever. Step by step instructions how to make this simple mouth watering recipe. Learn more.
- 11 Easy Steps to Make Delicious Achari Murg Curry
Try this delicious and spicy Achari Murg Curry Recipe. Easy to make with step by step instructions.