A Fun Fall Treat for you and your Kids... Candy Turkey
Candy Turkeys ....How fun they are to make with Kids
Kids love this recipe, its fun and easy to make. when I was at the career center for Early Childhood Education my class and I made these for the preschoolers, they loved it. When they tried to make them they had a blast doing it.
- 48 Oreo cookies, whole
- 24 Reese's peanut butter cups, whole
- 24 Hershey whopper malted milk balls, whole
- 120 pieces Candy corn, whole
- Chocolate frosting
- Black icing, Small Tube
- Yellow icing, Small Tube
- Red icing, Small Tube
How to make the fun treats
- Carefully pull apart the two halves of one Oreo and gently press 5 candy corn into the stuffing with the wider ends of the candy corn sticking out over the cookie. Spread some frosting onto the Oreo half and press the two halves together. Refrigerate to set
- Cut off a small rounded edge of a peanut butter cup (you want to do this so the flat edge can stand on top of the Oreo base). Use chocolate frosting to attach the flat bottom of the Reese's to the Oreo base and the Oreo with the candy corn to the Reese's.
- Use a small amount of chocolate frosting to attach the Whopper to the Oreo with the candy corn.
- Pipe small spheres of yellow icing onto the Whopper for eyes, and two small feet onto the Oreo base.
- Pipe two dots of black icing onto the yellow eyes.
- Finish with white frosting piped on the Whopper for a beak and red icing for the wattle.