- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
A Mushroom - Walnut Sole Fillet Recipe | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Here is one for my fish loving friends, which blends the flavors and textures of fish, walnuts and mushrooms into stimulating your palate in a sumptuous sort of way. This one is also from “The Cupboard Drawer”, first published in 1988 by my Mom, Dorothy, and Dad, Mel. Now being updated and passed along to you. Do Enjoy…
2 fresh Sole Fillets (5-8 oz each)
2 tsp butter divided (1-1)
1 Cup Fresh Mushrooms, chopped
2 tbsp Onions, chopped
2 tbsp Walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 tbsp chopped Parsley
1 tbsp all-purpose Flour
½ Cup skim Milk
2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese, grated
Pre heat oven to 350 Degrees
- Prepare a Greased baking Dish, (PAM), set aside
- Rinse the Sole under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Place the sole in a single layer in the prepared baking dish; set aside.
- in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tbsp of Butter, add the Mushrooms, and Onion; cook until tender. Stir in the Walnuts and Parsley and cook for 1 minute more. Spread the mixture evenly over the Sole.
- In a small saucepan, melt the remaining butter, Stir in the Flour and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in the Milk and cook until the mixture comes to a boil and Thickens. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the cheese, and pour the sauce over the sole
- Bake in the 350 degree oven for about 20 mins or until the fillets are opaque in the center.
Yield 2 servings
The recipe lends itself to being the center piece in a quiet candle light dinner for two. A good German Riesling white wine goes very well with this dish, as does white asparagus served with it on the plate in presentation form.