- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
A Quick and Simple Recipe for Banana Pancakes
Banana Pancakes the Quick and Easy Way
What do you do with those bananas that are turning brown and very soft? I use to just trash them, until my wife said that I could use them in pancakes.
Well, if you have the basic ingredients, you don't have to throw those brown bananas away. You can use them as a major flavoring ingredient for pancakes that are great tasting, with just a hint of sweetness and also very soft and moist.
The recipe below will yield around 30 pancakes. If you need less, just cut the quantities in half.
- 2 cups Krusteaz buttermilk pancake mix, any other brand will do
- 2-2/3 cups water
- 2 bananas, skin should be brown and banana should be soft
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can PAM non-stick cooking spray, normal vegetable oil will do but it is more messy
Pancake Mix from Amazon.com
- Place 2 cups of the pancake mix in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour water into mixing bowl.
- Peel the two bananas and drop the soft banana meat into the mixing bow.
- Using a mixer (even the hand held manual one), beat the mixture until the banana has basically been broken down and mixed in with the water and pancake mix.
- Once the batter has a consistent texture, it is ready to be cooked.
- Plug in your griddle. If you don't have one use a frying pan. Set the griddle temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the griddle has reached 300 degrees Fahrenheit, spray the cooking surface with PAM. Then you can use a soup ladle to scoop up some batter and pour them onto the griddle. Pour them into 4 to 5 inch diameter pancakes.
- After about one minute, flip the pancakes over and wait about 45 to 60 seconds.
- Repeat this process until all the batter mixture is gone. You should end up with around 30 pancakes.