- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Brazilian Dessert Recipe "Brigadeiro" with Avocado
Looking for an easy and cheap recipe that will please everyone in the family? Brigadeiro recipe is the perfect one for you!
This easy step by step recipe will allow you to prepare this incredible dessert in as little as 20 minutes!
A Brigadeiro is a traditional sweet in the South American country, Brazil. This sweet is eaten in all seasons and is always present in parties and house gatherings. It is basically a small ball of solid and creamy (Yes at the same time!) ball of delicious chocolate with sprinkles on top. This is the traditional and yet most famous kind of Brigadeiro that you can find. However, there are many other delicious and beautiful combinations that are just as easy to prepare.
Some may also add colorful sprinkles, nuts, peanut powder, little chocolate balls and even sugar to the sweet.
Now, let's see what you are going to need to do a portion of around 20 average sized brigadeiros!
- 300 milliliters Condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons Chocolate powder
- 1 tablespoon Butter or margarine
- 100 grams Sprinkles
- Paper cups
- A small pan
- Put the condensed milk in a small pan with the chocolate powder and butter/margarine. Heat it in low temperatures mixing nonstop for about 10 minutes. As you mix, do not let the contents stick to the bottom of the pan.
- As soon as the mixture is sticky turn the stove off and let it sit for a couple minutes until you can put it on your hands without getting burnt.
- Before putting the chocolate on your hands, make sure to grease it with the butter or margarine. It does not need to be a lot of grease, just enough so the chocolate doesn’t stick to your hands.
- When your hands are correctly greased, you can get small portions of the chocolate cream (around 1 teaspoon) at a time and make balls with it. After the balls are made you can roll them on the sprinkles and finally put them in the paper cups.