- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
A great bacon appetizer recipe
Smoked bacon wraps cooked on the grill
- 1 yellow onion, Largest one you can get
- 4 cheese sticks
- 1 package of bacon
- 1 can of pineapple rings
- sprinkle bbq rub, optional
The bacon wrapped recipes appetizer on the grill
Getting started on these easy bacon appetizers
- Cut you onion into rings. Take off the outer skin and pull apart the rings so they do not break. Set your 4 best rings and set aside.
- Open a cheese stick and split it down the middle and lay 1/2 inside of the onion ring.
- Open the can of pineapple and place a ring on top of the onion and cheese sticks.
- Open the bacon and pull out a strip and wrap the bacon strip around the onion covered with the pineapple and cheese sticks.
- Cook on a hot grill and cook on indirect heat to 400F for 30 mins, take off grill let cool for 5 minutes and cut into pieces and serve with marinara sauce on the side.
Bacon wrapped onion pineapple and mozzarella cheese rings.
Getting ready to make some easy bacon appetizers
First cut your onion up into rings. Separate the rings and set aside. Just like you are making onion rings. Tear open a cheese stick and split it down the middle and place 1/2 of the cheese stick inside of the onion ring. Open the can of pineapple and place the pineapple ring on top of the cheese stick and onion.
Then open up the package of bacon and take a strip of bacon and wrap it around the onion ring with the pineapple and cheese. Do this three more times and set the four appetizers wrapped in bacon to the side. Sprinkle with your favorite bbq rub if you want to.
Place on a hot grill cooking on indirect heat for 30 minutes at 400F. Then let it cool for five minutes and then cut and serve with marinara sauce. We still have a the can of pineapple left over so we eat the remaining slices and drink the pineapple juice.