- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients
Aioli sauce originated in the southern region of France. It is a Provencial traditional sauce composed of olive oil, garlic, and eggs. Aioli sauce is an emulsified sauce that has a consistency similiar to that of mayonnaise. This particular recipe has the same delicious and zesty garlic appeal as the original sauce but uses mayonnaise as a base to make a highly flavorful dip. I love this dip with crab cakes and with deep fried pickles.
- 3 cloves of fresh galic, pressed or minced fine
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- First peel the garlic cloves by pressing each clove with the flat side of a knife.
- Mince the garlic very fine on the cutting board. Then add the salt to the garlic and use the flat side of the knife to scrape and press the garlic and salt together to form a paste (this is what makes the sauce have a strong garlic flavor)
- Place the garlic into a small bowl. Add the mayonnaise and the lemon juice and whisk it together well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes so the flavor has time to blend.
- Serve cold. Absolutely delicious served with deep fried pickles. See my recipe for that too.