- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Simple Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
Who are we kidding? Chocolate is heavenly. Oatmeal adds a nice crunchy texture to the typical chocolate chip cookie, a bit of added health benefits, and a change of pace for hardcore chocolatiers. Below is a relatively quick recipe for making double chocolate oatmeal cookies!
Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
This recipe is an older one, but is still oh-so-good! Simple to make - and even easier to eat, Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are above average and full of chocolate!
- 1 1/2 cup whole-wheat (pastry) flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or 1/3 cup stevia
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons (vegetable) oil
- 1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or more!)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the applesauce and oil, while continuing to stir until completely mixed together. Add the chocolate chips and walnuts as desired.
- Use a lightly-oiled baking sheet. Place batter balls about one teaspoon in size, about one inch apart from each other.
- Bake the cookies for about 10-12 minutes (10 minutes for softer cookies, 12 for crispier cookies).
- Cool for a couple of minutes. Then, serve.
You could ice the cookies with frosting or melted chocolate, and add a few sprinkles of oatmeal on top!