- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Almond Delight- Home Made Chocolate:)
LOVE IT, STAR IT
Know more about ..
A delightful dessert loved by all ages. I am not a die hard chocolate fan but still love to indulge one piece whenever I get chance. I have learnt to make chocolates during my college days. I still remember when my bakery chef Mr I.Alam called all students home and we got to taste his secret recipe of homemade chocolates. I bet we all had more than one and the taste was awesome. Digging my knowledge and after my little experiment my chocolates turned so well that I don’t mind if my son have one bite of it and when he appreciated me with so much of love and a word YUMMYYY.
Home-made chocolates reminds me of my bakery chef and also the chocolates my brother got especially for me from Kodaikannal , Ooty trip. This Diwali I want to treat my goodies tray with these special homemade chocolates- Almond Choco Delight. I believe, anything if you eat in right amount will surely never harm your health. And the ingredients which you use , you are sure it’s good for your tiny tots and loved one’s.
Make your festive season special by gifting your loved ones your own simple and amazing creation.
Step in Kichen:)
- 2 cup Milk powder
- 1 cup Whey powder
- 3/4 cup Sugar syrup
- 1cup Butter / Margarine
- 1/4cup Cocoa Powder
- 1cup Almond, Your choice of nuts
Lets Make it:)
- Light the gas, place a deep bottom pan , filled half with hot water and on top place another small on hot water- This is known as double boiler. A double boiler is a kitchen tool used for applying gentle heat on the stove top to delicate preparations such as chocolate, hollandaise sauce etc. This method is also known as Bain Marie.
- In a bowl , mix milk and whey powder and cocoa powder
- Put sugar syrup, add milk powder, whey powder and cocoa powder mixture, add margarine or butter.
- Mix well and keep stirring preferably with flat spoon till you find the sides leaving.
- Once your chocolate base is ready you can pour it in mould and if you want you can add your favorite nuts, I've added almonds as we all love it.
- Have a greased chocolates moulds or aluminium foil coated tray, pour the hot chocolate and lightly tap it.
- Place it in refrigerator for min.8 hrs to set.
- Once it done, Serve it or Gift to your loved ones.
Nutrition facts in Chocolates
|Serving size: 50gm per serving|
|Calories from Fat||117|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 13 g||20%|
|Carbohydrates 29 g||10%|
|Sugar 27 g|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|