- Food and Cooking
Do you like this recipe.
If you ever visit Bengal, and talk to the people of Bengal then you will come to know that Aloor Dum is some thing, that is inseparable from the lives of the Bengalis. Be it a Sunday morning breakfast, or be it a winter holiday snack, Aloor Dum is a must needed thing. Hot luchis with Aloor Dum is some thing for which people of Bengal can even risk their lives. Therefore I have decided to tell you the recipe of this Aloor Dum. Let's see it can make you that crazy or not.
- 500g Potato (Aloo), Boiled
- 2 table spoon Mustard Oil
- 1 cup Onion, Paste
- 1 cup Tomato Puree
- 1 table spoon Ginger, Paste
- 1 and a 1/2 cup Garlic, Paste
- 1 table spoon Cumin, Powder
- 1 table spoon Coriander, Powder
- 2 table spoon Kashmiri Mirch
- 2 table spoon Ghee/Cream
- According to Taste Salt and Sugar
- 1 tea spoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 table spoon Green Chile, grated
- 1 table spoon Coriander leaves, grated
- 1 table spoon Turmeric
- 2 to 3 Indian bay leaf
- 2 to 3 Clove, Cardamom and Cinnamon
- Firstly peel of the skin of the boiled potatoes and marinate it with turmeric and salt. Now on the gas oven put a frying pan and give 2 table spoon mustard oil and ghee (optional) in it. Allow the oil to heat. Now add Indian Bay leafs and Cardamom, Cinnamon, and Clove in it.
- Now very carefully add the boiled and the marinated potatoes in it. Fry the potatoes for some time. Now add onion paste, garlic paste, ginger paste and tomato puree in it. After that add cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric, Kashmiri mirch in it.
- Now stir well for some time. Now add sugar and salt to it. Now mix all these things well in a low flame. Now cover the frying point for 5-7 minutes. After that sprinkle Garam Masala over it and mix it well. Now serve it in a serving bowl and garnish it with ghee or cream.
- Now for the next step of garnishing sprinkle grated green chile and coriander leaves over it. Your Aloor Dum is ready to serve in your breakfast.