- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Amanda's Flavorful Soups
This Week I am going to take some of my favorite soup recipes and add some of my special experimenting to them and see if I can make them just a little bit better.
Tonight I will be making Chicken and Rice Soup, where we will be enjoying an assortment of flavors from green and red bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms. I will also be adding some carrots, english peas and brown rice.
- 1 lb boneless skinless Chicken, boiled
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups green and red bell peppers, diced
- 1 1/2 cups onions, diced
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups baby carrots, chopped
- 1 can english peas, drained
- 1 tsp salt or for taste
- In a medium soup pot boil chicken, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers,baby carrots, and english peas on medium heat until chicken is fully cooked.
- stir occasionally adding salt for desired taste. Add Brown rice as soon as chicken is fully cooked. Reduce heat to low cook rice until tender.
- Serve and enjoy.