Amazing Sausage Pepper and Onion Subs!
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
Ready in: 45 min
Yields: Serves 6 people, One sausage link per person
- 6 (1 package) sweet sausage
- 6 (1 package) Hot sausage, Optional (if people like them)
- 2 onions, sliced (I used vidalia)
- 2 bell peppers, sliced (color your choice)
- a spinkle sugar
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup water, more if needed
- sub rolls
- Preheat 2 skillets on medium-high heat. If you have an electric skillet that can be on 350 degrees. Slice the onions and peppers; set aside. Using a fork prick the sausage 1-2 times on one side. Add them to one of the skillets (electric skillet if using) and add water. Cover. Add the onions and peppers to the other skillet. Add salt and pepper to season. After 5 minutes add the sugar and vinegar; stir to coat evenly. Stir every few minutes or so. Once the water evaporates from the sausage brown evenly on all sides. Cut open one to make absolute sure that the sausage are cooked. The onions and peppers will be done at the same time as the sausage. Serve on rolls and add any condiments you like.