- Food and Cooking»
- Food For Kids
Amazingly Simple Fried Cheese
This Czech inspired recipe is perfect if you are pushed for time and want to prepare a tasty filling meal that is very popular with kids and grown ups too!
- Edam Cheese
- Bread Crumbs
- Cut cheese into triangular or square shaped pieces, ideally around 1cm thick.
- Break an egg or two (depending on how many pieces you will make) into a small bowl and whisk.
- Submerge the cheese in the egg and then immediately drop into a bowl of breadcrumbs. Turn it over until completely covered in breadcrumb.
- Preheat a pan of cooking oil and when ready put the breaded cheese into the pan and fry each side for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and serve.
1. Before frying, refrigerate the breaded cheese for 15 minutes. This will stop the melted cheese leaking out while in the pan.
2. This will also work with other kinds of cheese, try using Brie or Mozzarella.
3. Cut the cheese in half before breading and add a slice of ham.
4. Put into a bread bun to make a tasty sandwich.
© 2014 Joseph Brown