Ambrosia The Food Of The gods Recipe
The food of the gods
In ancient Greek mythology, it is often referred to as the food of the Greek god.
In Olympus it was brought to the gods by doves.
In Biology: It is a genus of flowering plants commonly known as ragweed
In Music: It is a musical group that was formed in Los Angeles in the early 1970s.
In Business: It is Ambrosia Software
In Name: It is a female name (commonly known as Amber).
Ambrosia Anderson....A professional WNBA basketball player..
To Me: It is a fruit salad ..and sometimes dessert.
FLUFFY AMBROSIA SALAD
When going to a potluck it seems I am always short of time as well as ideas, But my good friend fluffy ambrosia salad , always comes through for me . Easy to make, delicious and a big hit as well....I almost always step out of the box ( the recipe, that is ) and add a few more goodies to the bowl...pears , peaches and/or grapes....and when I am really strapped for time I have used cool whip or canned whipping cream.
When taking this to a potluck , I leave the lettuce behind , and just bring it in as is. it looks really pretty sitting on the table in a glass bowl.....the bowl is always empty when I leave the party.
- 1/2 Cup Evaporated Milk or Whipping Cream
- 2 TBSP. Mayonnaise
- 4 tsp. Lemon Juice, Fresh or Bottled
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp Granulated Sugar
- 32 Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 TBSP Lemon Juice, Fresh or Bottled
- 1 1lb. 13 oz. can Fruit Cocktail, Drained
- 1/3 Cup Flaked Coconut
- Refrigerate evaporated milk (or Whipping Cream) in bowl until ice-cold.
- Meanwhile, mix together mayonnaise, 4 teaspoons of the lemon juice, salt, sugar and fruit cocktail; fold in marshmallows; refrigerate about 1 hour., stirring to or three times.
- To serve, whip milk ( or whipping cream) with chilled beater; stir in 1 Tablespoon lemon juice; fold into fruit cocktail mixture.
- Arrange lettuce on salad plates: spoon on fruit mixture. Sprinkle coconut over top.