Instant Energizing Homemade Fruit and Vegetable Drink
Need a Power Juice?
In today's highly competitive world, you always need to be on your toes in order to keep up. If you feel lethargic, then you might as well do something about it -- like making your own instant energizing drink. I got this Instant Energizer reciper from Tarla Dalal -- a famous Indian cook who is known for her various healthy and nutritious food recipes. This power juice will perk you up in no time and even help in keeping your energy levels high up all day long! Try it out for youself and see if it works for you too.
It goes without saying that anything homemade is far better than those carbonated energy drinks you get nowadays. Do yourself a favor and make this yummy power (energy) juice/drink right at home and enjoy the benefits -- the healthy way!
This instant energizing drink is filled with nutrients. It is rich in antioxidants, fibre and vitamins like Vitamin A and Vitamin C. Additionally it also contains folic acid.
Instant Energy Drink -- What You Will Need
- 3 unpeeled carrots -- medium sized -- chopped into small pieces.
- 1 unpeeled medium sized appled -- chopped into small pieces.
- 2-3 celery sticks -- cut into pieces.
- 1 small orange -- peeled and separted into segments.
- Crushed ice.
Take note that this recipe is for making 2 glasses of this yummy energy drink.
How To Make The Instant Energy Drink
You can make this fruit and vegetable drink either using a juicer or a blender.
- If you are using a juicer, all you need to do is juice all the ingredients together. Serve immediately with chilled ice.
- If you are using a blender/mixer then you might need to add a little water in order to make the juice. Add chilled ice while serving.
Really simple isn't it? And it gives you enough energy to last all day! Try it out and see!
Nutritional Values Per Glass of Instant Energy Drink
- Energy - 160 KCal.
- Protein - 2.0 Gm.
- Carbohydrate - 36.0 Gm.
- Fat - 0.9 Gm.
- Vitamin A - 3451.3 Mcg.
- Vitamin C - 21.8 Mg.
- Folic Acid - 22.5 Mcg.
- Fiber - 3.1 Gm.
Additional Benefits of the Instant Energy Juice
The instant energy juice not only gives you energy but has wonderful nutritional benefits too!
- The Instant Energy drink is rich in fiber -- which can help prevent heart disease and some forms of cancer.
- The carotenoid pigments from carrots and apples help in slowing down the ageing process and can also protect your skin from harmful skin damage.