Cooking 101 For Teenagers -Ice Cream and Shortbread - Recipe on How to Do It
Quick and Easy Shortbread
This is a very tasty treat that does not take to much time to make, and will definitely be a firm favourite in your house. Maximum fun as you only have one bowl, your Swiss roll baking pan, a fork and a knife to clean up afterwards.
Makes about 30 pieces
Time around 1 hour
225 g Butter, soft but not liquid
60 ml Icing Sugar
355 ml Cake Flour
60 ml Corn flour (Maize flour)
1 pinch Salt
1/2 teaspoon of Almond essence
Need to relax after making these?
- Set the the oven on to 180 degrees Celsius
- Blend all the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Add the very soft butter and Almond essence, then knead the mixture int a firm dough
- Press the dough evenly out into an ungreased Swiss roll pan to an even thickness of about a half an inch
- Prick the top of the dough using a normal fork, if you fancy it you can create patterns
- Bake in the centre of the oven for aproximatly 20 minutes
- Check to see if the shortbread is an even straw colour
- Once baked remove from the oven
- Sprinkle lightly with some castor sugar
- Cut into neat blocks
- Let it cool down to room temprature
Now wash up and enjoy these delightful buscuits
Some useful DVD's
Try your hand with Ice Cream Making
Summer is just around the corner, what can be better than having some freshly made ice cream
1 tin 410 g condensed milk
500 ml fresh cream
125 ml castor sugar
5ml Vanilla essence
Method Part One
Open the tin of condensed milk and drain it into a large bowl
Cover the bowl and place into the refridgerator and leave over night
Method the next day
- Beat the condensed milk with an electric mixer until thick
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream, Castor sugar and vanilla essence, until thick.
- Using a metal spoon fold the cream mixture into the condensed milk, lightly but thoroughly, a spoonful at a time.
- Pour the resulting mixture into a suitable storage bowl and place it in the freezer until set
Serve as is or with sauce toppings and decorations.
Who Wants Boring old Vanilla
Have fun with the basic Ice Cream by making and using your own flavours
Combinations which get added in place of the vanilla essence
- Make a pulp from in season fruit
- Nuts and raisins
- Peppermint crisp
- Mocca 15ml each of instant coffee,coacoa and wrm water to dissolve
Use about 45 ml of your flavouring, it will just take longer to fold in and mix.