Apple & Cinnamon Dessert
Sometimes I really crave dessert, but I don't always want to bake a dessert. One, sweets have to be moderated (at least in theory). Two, by the time I fix dinner I don't usually have the time or drive to get more dishes dirty and bake something extravagant.
A few weeks ago, my husband and I were celebrating four months of marriage (woo-hoo!!). I was fixing a really nice meal and wanted something sweet at the end. Since I didn't have time to actually bake something, I decided to try this idea for an apple and cinnamon dessert. I have fixed it several times since then. It's delicious.
The thing I love most about it is how simple it is. Ready for this?
What You Need
- 3/4 of an Apple, sliced into cubes
- Brown Sugar
- Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Syrup, (optional)
Start off with two small ramekins. Pull out a red apple and slice it into little cubes. Put the cubes into your ramekins.
Pour honey over the apple and stir it up.
Next, take a generous spoonful or two of brown sugar and sprinkle it over it.
Sprinkle some cinnamon over it.
Stir it up.
Hang in there...this is crazy I know.
Now throw the little guys (yes, I mean the ramekins) into a pre-heated oven at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes.
Once you pull them out of the oven the apple should look browned just a touch and the ingredients should all be melted together nicely.
If you would like to (I don't know why you wouldn't), drop a few chocolate chips in or drizzle chocolate syrup over the top.
Now serve and enjoy.
If you've been looking for a great way to end a great meal, then look no longer.
This also make tasty little treats for parties around the holidays.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Put sliced/cubed apple into two ramekins. Drizzle honey over it and stir it up.
- Put 1-2 generous spoonfuls of brown sugar over it. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top, and stir them all together.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Upon removing from the oven, add chocolate chips or chocolate syrup if desired.