- Food and Cooking
Apple Crisp in the Crock Pot
I Love Food
I am not going to lie I love food. I love food a lot, I need to work out more before I explode and no longer fit into clothes. It is going to be one of the hottest days today and that means I am not allowed to turn on the oven. I really wanted to make something yummy with the apple that my kids suddenly seemed disinterested in. I also wanted to take care of masking that stinky crawlspace smell that hasn't been fixed yet (check out this article for that info).
So making this yummy crock pot recipe was an easy solution to my problem.
- approx 10 apples
- 3 tbls lemon juice
- 1/3 c & 1/2 c sugar
- 1 tbls corn starch
- 1/2 tsp & 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 c bown sugar
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 c butter, softened - take out of fridge when you start
- 1 pinch salt
- Cut the apples into pieces. I use my apple slicer to remove core and make quick wedges
- Place apples into slow cooker and pour lemon juice over the top
- In a small bowl mix together 1/3 c sugar, cornstarch, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Pour the mixture over the apples and mix together
- In a large bowl mix together flour, brown sugar, 1/2 c sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, and butter (cut into pieces).
- Mix together thoroughly until butter is creamed.
- Pour on top of apples in slow cooker
- Place on the cover and turn onto high, cook on low for 4 hours.
- Take cover and place so that the crock pot is vented. cook for an additional hour so that the top slightly hardens and cooks.