Apple Muffins With A Maple Glaze!
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
Ready in: 40 min
Yields: 14-16 Muffins
- 1 1/3 cups plain flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 caster sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 80gm butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup apple, chopped
- toasted pecan halves, for decorating
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup, for glaze
- Preheat the oven to 200*C (392*F) and grease muffin tins.
- Mix together the sifted flour, oats, sugar, the baking powder and the cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, butter, the maple syrup and the egg whites.
- After this, mix the wet and dry ingredients together until the mixture is just blended.
- Fill up the muffin tin three-quarters full and top each with a toasted pecan half. Then, bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let the muffins stand for several minutes before removing them from the tin. After removing the muffins allow them to cool on a wire rack for ten minutes.
- For the glaze, mix together the sifted icing sugar and the maple syrup. Leave the muffins sitting on the wire rack and drizzle over the glaze.