- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Apple Salad with Marshmallows & Walnuts
Enjoy a refreshing bowl of Apple Salad
Try this delicious and romantic side salad with your main course dinner. It's sure to be a hit...so different and appealing.
This recipe may soon become one of your favorite...
Apples have always been a favorite fruit for many. There are the traditional desserts, such as apple pie, candied apples, apple crumble, just to name a few. The recipe I will give you today is, in my opinion both a side salad and a dessert. Enjoy! A fresh and delicious idea for any special holiday and any day. Kids love this recipe...whip cream and marshmallows...who can resist?Looking for a healthier choice, use Greek yogurt instead of whip cream. Another variation is using sour cream...try it.
Ingredients: You will need a large bowl.
- Chop apples, leave the peeling on for added flavor and color. Size should be bite-size or a little smaller.
- Chop celery, small size, approx. 1/4", be sure to include some of the leaves from the celery, they have lots of flavor.
- Walnuts may be slightly chopped or used whole, if you prefer.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped apples, celery, small marshmallows, and walnuts.
- Add prepared *whipped cream, and slowly combine. May garnish with a few walnuts on top.
- Cover, keep chilled until ready to use.
- * Prepare heavy whipping cream by mixing, with an electric hand mixer or Kitchen-aid type mixer, until it thickens. This can take several minutes...helpful to use a glass or metal bowl that has been chilled, before pouring in the heavy cream.
Combine in a bowl...
How well did you like this recipe?
Make it your way...
Suggestion: Any of these ingredients may be increased or decreased according to your preference. I alway like to mention this because we all have our own way of preparing and cooking...making it your way is always more enjoyable!