Apricot, Ginger & Lemon Slice
Prep time: 45 min
Cook time: 30 min
Ready in: 1 hour 15 min
Yields: 36 Slices
Apricot, Ginger And Lemon Slice
- 3/4 cup dried apricots
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 125gm cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup preserved ginger, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp softened butter, for icing
- Soak the apricots in warm water for 30 minutes. Then, drain and chop into small chunks.
- Preheat the oven to 180*C (356*F) and lightly grease and line a slice tin.
- Sift together the flour, salt and the cinnamon. Then, rub in the butter with your fingertips until a crumbly mixture is made. After this, add the sugar, apricots, the ginger and the nuts and mix until well combined.
- Beat together the egg and the milk and then add that to the previous mixture and stir well until combined.
- Spread the final mixture into the tin and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- When cool, top with the lemon icing (icing sugar, butter and lemon juice mixture) and once set, cut into fingers.