Armenian Meatball Soup Recipe. Easy and Delicious
Meatballs in Soup
Easy Meatball Recipe
Healthy soups mean no guilt, and I highly recommend this recipe. I am not one to fall in love with meatball soup in general, but when I tried this for the first time, I knew I would add this great easy recipe to my all time favorite recipes. Even the pickiest guest return for seconds.
Armenian meatball soup is never boring. The flavor is rich and full due to the variety of ingredients.
This is an excellent recipe that suits a wide variety of different cultures and tastes. My long time Armenian friend and I created it together and served it to a diverse group of people who loved it so much that it was the hit of the pot luck. I had some of the best cooks in the group ask me for my special meatball soup recipe.
You won't know whether to add this to your recipes of healthy soup or to your great easy recipes collection.
Rate this Recipe
- 1/2 pund lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup bulgar (cracked wheat)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart water
- 1 quart beef broth (homemade or canned)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup canned chick peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Instructions for easy Meatball Soup
- in a large bowl combine ground beef, bulgar, egg, flour,tomato sauce and salt. Shape into small meatballs.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil over medium heat, add 6 or 7 meatballs. When boiling again, reduce heat, and cook covered for 10 minutes.With slotted spoon transfer meatballs to a large pan. Continue cooking meatballs 6 or 7 at a time, until cooked, and discard the water.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan bring broth to a boil. Add onion and rice, Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low: cover and cook about 20 minutes or until rice is done. Add chick peas and meatballs.
- In small saucepan melt butter. Stir in mint and lemon juice and cook 2 minutes; slowly stir into soup. Simmer 1 minute and remove from heat.
More Delicious Recipies
- Cayenne Black Bean Posole, A spicy red pepper recipe
cayenne black bean posole. a spicy red pepper recipe.
- Jamaican Chicken Curry
jamaican chicken curry chicken rice scotch bonnet peppers caribbean ethnic. jamaican red stripe beer
Link To My Hub Pages
- Skarlet HubPages
I write many Hebpages on various subjects including classic Hollywood and vintage everything. I also hubs on business, investing and various ways of generating income. I have also published books, and numerous articles online. Links to many of my pages can be found at the above address. Sincerely, Skarlet