Asian Style Burger Recipe
Burger Ready to Eat, YUMMY
Home Made Asian Style Burger
If you have never tried an Asian beef burger before, I recommend that you try this one.
It is made with a unique style, and interesting ingredients.This is a delicious burger that is very popular in Malaysia.
Home Made Asian Burger
Sudden Craving For a Burger
I wrote this recipe because I suddenly had a craving for this tasty burger.
I got the idea for this recipe from a famous burger stall that is situated near to where I used to live. The man that owns the stall, has been selling his burgers in the same place for more then twenty years, and he's still there.
When I was a kid I would stand by his stall and watch him cook my burger. At the time I did not realize that it would come in handy later. As an adult when I wanted a quick bite and didn't feel like cooking, I would just walked over to his stall and order a burger or a hot dog. You could smell the aroma of the burgers being prepared from nearly a block away. He always had a long line of people waiting for their order, you usually had to wait patiently for your burger. It was worth the wait. Luckily I paid attention to how he prepared the burgers because now I live in Europe and if I want to eat this delicious burger, I have to make it myself.
Egg Wrapped Burger
Cooked Burger Patties
It takes a little bit of extra work to prepare but the end result is worth it.
Here are the ingredients
500 grams minced beef
1/2 tsp black pepper crushed
1/4 tsp Chinese five spice powder
2 tbsp soya sauce
3 tbsp breadcrumbs
1 large onion thinly sliced
80 grams cabbage thinly sliced
1/2 tsp salt
2 good pinches of white pepper
2 tbsp butter
One large tomato sliced
Onion and Cabbage In Sauteed in Butter
Get Ready to Start Cooking
For the burger patties, mix together the minced beef, soya sauce, five spice powder, breadcrumbs, one egg and half tsp of black pepper.
Portion into four and shape into burger patties
1. Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and fry burgers for five minutes on each side, or until cooked.
2. In a pan add 2 tbsp butter, add onions, fry for one minute, then add cabbage, salt and pepper to taste. Fry until the onions and cabbage are golden brown, put on the side.
3. Toast the burger buns and put them on the side
4. Crack and whisk one egg at a time in a bowl.
5. In a pan, heat 1 tsp of oil, fry one egg at a time, making a thin omelet, place one cooked burger patty in the middle of the omelet, add some of the fried cabbage and onion. Fold the omelet over the burger patty and fried onions as neatly as possible.
6. Spread some butter on the toasted burger bun, then place some lettuce and sliced tomato on it, put the filled egg omelet on top of the lettuce and tomato, add tomato sauce and chili sauce to taste.
Repeat the process until all four burgers are done.
There you have it, a delicious Asian burger. An interesting way to enhance your regular burger and to try something different.
© 2013 ketage